A while back, almost 2 years now I think, I have finished this top I made out of Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy, it was a designing attempt for something summery, simple, but enough detail and flair to be interesting. At that time I didn’t happen to take any notes on the process and it was when a whole lot of knitters started requesting this pattern. I tried to resize it from what I had to work with and last month I actually bit the bullet and have re-knit the whole top from a different yarn, but having learnt so much more since way back when the original was created, the pattern turned out quite pleasing!
And now I am so proud to present Grecian top [Ravelry link] to all of you, readers, knitters and lurkers 😀
Finished garment length: (20.5, 20.75, 21, 21.25) (21.5, 21.75, 23.25, 23.75, 24.5) (24.75, 25.25, 25.75, 26.25)”
Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy (34% hemp, 41% cotton, 25% modal; 154 yds 140m/50 gr 1.75 oz; #8, turquoise.
Habu Textiles XS-24 20/12 bamboo (100% bamboo; 80 yds 73 m/28 gr1 oz; color 1;
3.25mm circular needle 24”
3.25mm double pointed needle (or 2 circular needles in same size)
2.25mm double pointed needles
OR USE NEEDLE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
crochet hook size B or C
scrap yarn in same weight
removable stitch markers
28 sts and 36 rows in 4” over washed and blocked St st swatch on larger needles knit in the round